- 1 cup of roasted almonds
- 1 cup of rolled oats (or Quinoa Flakes for GF option)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup cocoa OR cacao powder
- 10 medjool dates, deseeded (or, soak 1/2 cup dried dates in boiling water then drain)
- Juice from 1 orange
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted OR apple sauce
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 40g protein powder (chocolate)
- Extra shredded or desiccated coconut OR cocoa, for rolling
- Place the nuts, oats, coconut, cocoa, dates, orange juice & zest, oil, protein and vanilla to the food processor or stick blender.
- Blitz until all the nuts are crushed and the mix forms a dough. If mix is too dry, blitz through 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Pour extra coconut in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and then coat with coconut.
- Place in a container and set in the fridge or freezer for at least 30mins;
- These chocolately treats will keep in the fridge for weeks – but I doubt they will last that long!!