- 1/3 cup quinoa or quinoa flakes (uncooked) - I prefer the flakes
- 2/3 cups water
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ x tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ apple, grated
- 1 tbsp sultanas/chopped dates
- 1 tsp honey/maple syrup
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine the quinoa with the water in a pot over med-high heat and bring to the boil;
- Reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 10mins or until quinoa is soft.
- Add the milk, vanilla, apple & cinnamon
- Cook for another 5-10mins – until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with honey or syrup.