- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup of rolled oats (or Quinoa Flakes for GF option)
- 2tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 scoop (40g) protein powder (Choc)
- 10 medjool dates, deseeded (or, soak ½- ¾ cup dried dates in boiling water then drain)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted OR non-sweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs OR dark choc chips
- Extra shredded or desiccated coconut OR cocoa OR Goji Berries, for rolling
- Place the nuts, oats, cocoa, dates, oil, protein and vanilla to the food processor or stick blender. Blitz until all the nuts are crushed and the mix forms a dough.
- Stir through cacao nibs and add 1-2 tbsp water if needed if mix is too dry to roll.
- Pour extra coconut or cocoa in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and then coat with coconut.
- Place in a container and set in the fridge for at least 30mins;
- These soft chocolately treats will keep in the fridge for weeks – but I doubt they will last that long!!