Low carb adaptation: Use berries instead of the apple and reduce the number of dates to lower the carb content.
NOTE: You will need a food processor for this recipe to blitz some of the ingredients.
- Add nuts to your mixer bowl and chop: 8secs/speed 5. Set aside.
- Add apple and dates to the bowl and chop for 5secs/speed 5. Scrape down and repeat if needed.
- Add 60mL of water to the apple and cook for 5mins/120deg/speed 2/MC on.
- Blend apple mix for 5secs/speed 5/MC on.
- Add nuts previously chopped plus all remaining ingredients.
- Cook ‘porridge’ for 4mins/105deg/speed 2/MC on.
- You can then either blend if you prefer a smoother porridge, or serve as is with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and topped with berries.
- So. Good!